Photobucket

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bradlee felt the spirit for the first time today...

My mom and I took the kids to Temple Square this evening to look around and enjoy all the pretty flowers. We took a tour of the Beehive house, ate a snack at the Lion House, looked inside the Tabernacle and the Assembly Hall. But the greatest thing happened in the North Visitors' Center. We, of course, went up to look at the Christus, and when we came back down we stopped to look at the model of Jerusalem during the time of Christ. As Bradlee came to a picture of Jesus on the Cross she stopped and got a little emotional. She told us that she loves Jesus and doesn't want him to die. It was a great opportunity for me to tell her the good new of the gospel. Jesus lives! I explained how Christ died for us, but he was resurrected, and he lives. Because our Savior died and was resurrected, we will live again, too!
It isn't everyday the perfect opportunity to share your testimony with your children presents itself. I know she will probably never remember this, but it meant a lot to me. Right on the heels of Tyler giving our kids their blessings to begin the school year, I feel particularly grateful for this gospel and what it means to our family! My children are precious. I wish I could give them everything good this world has to offer, but at least I can give them the most important thing!

3 comments:

tenacious d said...

That is really neat!

Wendy said...

Awesome! You're right - it is the most important thing. Thank you for being such a good Mom. Love you!

Molly said...

Very tender. I love those moments when you feel like everything really will be okay. Love those sweet teaching opportunities! What a good mommy you are!

Tory's Tunes