Photobucket

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Missing My Granny

Just wanted to jot down a few random things I'll always remember about Granny.

Whenever I stayed the night at her house, she always let me sleep right next to her in her bed.
She used to sit at my desk at the office and tap out songs with a pen and make me guess them.
She refused to ever wear the color gray.
She and Walt were the only grandparents (on either side) at our sealing in Bountiful.
She always told me that I looked just like her when she was my age, and she would dig out pictures to prove it.
She was tough. Just like my mom and every other woman in this family.
She bought Bradlee's blessing dress for her.
She and Walt used to get in fights at the office and they would just yell at each other from their separate offices. SO FUNNY!
She always used to tell me stories about how she used to love to go dancing with her brother Jack.
The candy drawer, dresser and closet. OBVIOUSLY!
I love how everyone called her Granny, even if they weren't related.
She once said, "Tan cellulite looks better than white cellulite."
The last time I said goodbye to her was Christmas of 2007 at the movie theater in Klamath after National Treasure 2.

The hardest part is worrying about my mom and Molly. I hate for my mom to be sad, and Molly has spent so much time with Granny these last few years, I know it must be harder on her than the rest of us kids. It makes me sad that she never got to meet Brock, but I know she'll be watching out for us, and I know she'll meet him one day.

4 comments:

Rowdy said...

yeah. i wont be there for the funeral.

before you were born we used to call granny "the bronze beauty". we also marveled at her ability to float in the pool, reading a book, with a Tab balanced on her tummy!!!

granny was no-nonsense for sure. and tolerated all our wildness.

k.young said...

Sorry, Tory. But at least she is in a better place and is not dealing with any pain anymore.
What a sweet list of stuff about your Granny. No more wondering where you get your attitude from. :)

Hannah said...

Sorry to hear about your granny Tory. I loved your post about her. Your family will be in my prayers.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing your memories, Tori. It is neat to hear them, and it sounds like she was a very loved and amazing woman. :) I hope I can have such admiring grandchildren someday.

Tory's Tunes