Photobucket

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My First Half Marathon

I had been planning to run the Salt Lake City half marathon since I started running again in February. Molly and Rowdy were going to be in town the weekend of the race, so they decided to run the race with me. My farthest run before the race had been 11 miles. I felt pretty optimistic about the whole thing until I got super bad shin splints. My only real goal was to finish the race and never walk, so I guess I succeeded, but next year it would be nice to be a little faster. Molly and Rowdy both did awesome and were super fast with hardly any training!
Getting ready at 5:15 AM on the morning of the race.
All three of us before running our fist half marathon...

View of the finish line at The Gateway. It was really fun to finish at the Gateway. The Briccos and the McLachlans were all there to cheer me on. It was so nice of everyone to come out to support me. Next year I promise to make it worth their while and run a little faster.

After...



Gotta give a shout out to everyone who helped me reach my goal by watching my kids for me for hours while I got my runs in...Thanks Mom, Dad, Wendy, Bryan and especially my hot husband! Couldn't have done it without any of you guys!!!

This may have been my first half marathon, but it will definitely not be my last. I can only get better from here. I will never be fast, but I would at least like to be average. Next up...I will hopefully get in the lottery to run the St. George FULL MARATHON! Wish me luck...

8 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

Good job Tory!!! You look amazing!!!

Megan and Cory said...

So like I said, I won't be ready for a full by October. But August 28th, Top of Utah Half Marathon. I want to make a weekend out of it so you should plan on doing it with me. And don't cry when I smoke you, ok?

Megan and Cory said...

Oh, and on a serious note, You really did inspire me to get into this. Thanks for setting such a great example! :)

Lindsey said...

Way to go Tory! I have been considering doing St. George, but wasn't quite sure. Now that you said that, I am wondering if I should try. Would you let me run with you if we both made it???

Lisa McLachlan said...

Congrats again Tory! I'll have to check my pictures & see if we got any good ones. What did you do, update your blog all at once? I hope your dad is still doing well. Give him my best for me. Luv ya all.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!! You even look beautiful in all those photos, despite getting up so early AND running a half marathon.

Rohatinsky Family said...

Tory, I am ridiculously impressed with your half marathon. Perhaps one day I will do one...but for now 8 miles is my max! =)

Rohatinsky Family said...

(And PS. You have the cutest body in the world!!)

Tory's Tunes