Photobucket

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Salt Lake Half Marathon

Ran my second half marathon today. It went pretty well all things considered. The first four miles were completely uphill, and I lost a lot of time. By the time those four miles were done, I felt like I had already run ten. Plus, I had to run extra hard to make up time. After about 8.5 miles, I completely hit a wall. I was completely spent, and felt like the course had completely defeated me. I decided to slow it way down and just try to regroup. I was able to run the entire way, and my time was 1:58:20. That is almost exactly a 9:00 min/mile pace. I was hoping to be a little faster, but hey, I ran this half marathon 34 minutes faster than my last (shaved about 2.5 minutes off every mile).
Special thanks to my friend Lindsey who ran the race with me! She's a rockstar!

P.S. Don't knock the compression sleeves...they are very effective!

Also, nevermind the huge bags under my eyes. It was a rough morning.

5 comments:

Rowdy said...

Congrats Tory!!

On another note, fuel. You need to learn how to eat and drink they day before and during your race. Adjusting this will totally help you maximize your performance!

Again, great job!!

Hannah said...

great job Tory! your so awesome

tenacious d said...

I somehow missed this post. You did a super job! We're proud of you.

I agree with Rowdy. You have to make sure that you are getting the proper fuel (though having to do the first four miles uphill is a killer no matter what).

Lindsey said...

You are awesome! You totally pushed me and did such a great job! The uphill was total killer but the downhill was nice.

BrooksBlog said...

TORI! Hey! LOL I just saw your comment on my blog...hahaha. Do you use facebook?? If you do find me on there (Steve and Becky Brooks)or I will find you!!! I just came across a picture of you that you sent me of when you were 5 or 6 I think....yes I still have it. :) Keep in touch!

Tory's Tunes