Photobucket

Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years Resolutions

(I usually try not to type very much, so this is me apologizing for this post in advance.)

2010
For 2010 I had two New Year's Resolutions. I had resolved to run my first half marathon and to learn to play twenty hymns on the piano. I feel really good about my accomplishments this year. I ended up running a half marathon in April, a 10K in July, another half marathon in early September, and a 5k on Thanksgiving. I really grew to love running and the peace of mind it gives me, and just being fit in general. I talk about it a lot because it is really the only hobby that I have and really enjoy. I would apologize to everyone who has to listen to me, but I am not really that sorry :)

While I don't know the exact number of hymns I can now play on the piano, I do know that I couldn't play any before, and I put a valiant effort into practicing. However, even more than that, I am proud to say that I actually sang and accompanied myself on the piano for a musical number at the care center in our stake. It was a perfect audience for my first time, and I am happy to report that it was not a total train wreck. I actually made it through the entire number, not perfectly by any means, but I did it!

2011
My New Year's Resolutions for 2011 are a little more involved. I have resolved to run a full marathon and learn to play at least one song on the bass guitar. Last year I didn't make any spiritual goals that were easily measured, and I am changing that this year. I have resolved to pray ever morning. I have always been able to make time for my night time prayers, but mornings are a little more hectic. I need to remember to say my morning prayers EVERY DAY! I also will read "Jesus the Christ"and read the Sunday school lesson and scriptures before Sunday each week. I think these are goals that can be tracked easily and will make an impact on my spirituality in ways that can't be measured.

I would say wish me luck, but I guess no luck is needed. I have committed to do these things, so I will! Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Those are good goals. I need to write mine down and read them often as a reminder. I wish you lived down here so we could go running together! Good luck with Jesus The Christ! I read it on my mission and I learned so much...not that I remember any of it haha

tenacious d said...

Good goals, Tory! Keiler, Rowdy and I were talking about Jesus the Christ the other day, since K got the box-set of missionary books. R and I both said we needed to read it again.

Rowdy said...

each goal has 3 components to make it a good goal

-it is measurable
-it is achievable
-it has a time constraint

Rowdy said...

oh, and if you read mine, 3 of my goals are about running. so you;re not the only one!!

Rohatinsky Family said...

That's awesome that you're going to do a full marathon this year. Do you run at a gym right now or do you go outside? I miss running...Ever since I've been doing P90X I haven't had time to fit it in and I really like the program, so I have to choose between the two. P90X is easy to do at home, without my boys, so I haven't run much lately. You make me want to get back out there! =) We really should get together sometime!

Molly said...

Love it! You rock sis!

Tory's Tunes