Photobucket

Sunday, January 18, 2009

School

Whenever I consider my education, I always feel way unfulfilled. I should've/could've finished my undergraduate degree by now, but I could never settle on a major. Now, that I work full-time and have two kids, I have finally decided what I want to do. Good timing, huh! I've always said that I would love to go to law school, but I never seriously considered it because I couldn't think of anything I would ever want to do with a law degree, but now I've got it! I will get my undergraduate degree in political science (which I also love), go to law school and then become a real estate attorney. I know most people would think this was boring, but I really like that boring paper work stuff. Granted, none of this will be realized until I am like 45, but it is the plan.

8 comments:

Aly said...

I want to go to law school too! I got my undergrad in American History and took a lot of constitutional law classes and supreme court cases. I absolutely loved it. What got you interested in real estate law? I am still unsure what I would want to do with my law degree, but I think I would do it just to get all of the info. I love school!

Dani said...

Sounds like an excellent plan! I love going to classes and stuff. I figure I'll go back and take some classes, not necessarily towards anything, but just for fun. I don't know that I could handle the pressure of doing well again. :)

k.young said...

Wow. That is awesome. I never knew you wanted to go to law school. I hope that you do it all before you are 45.
When are you coming to see us?

Wendy said...

It might not happen this year, but it probably won't take you until you're 45 either. Even if it did, I've know some pretty cool 45 year old college students in my day!!
Love you!!

tenacious d said...

That is so awesome, Tory! I know you can do it and do it well. One of my good friends is a real estate lawyer who's actually at home now taking care of her kids. She could give you some insight into things.

Lisa McLachlan said...

I can totally see you as a lawyer, and I mean that in a good way. I think you will be very good at it. I also hear that people with law degrees are in a good position to do other things, too, like buisness and politics. Good luck with that! Where would you start classes?

Jennifer said...

I'm excited for you that you have discovered what you would like to study and do with school! I know you can make it happen. Where there is a will there is a way!

Rowdy said...

you could start your graduate school at 37 like someone i know....

all it takes is desire and hard work.

Tory's Tunes