Photobucket

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Moving

Well, where do I even start? I will try to keep this short.

Tyler lost his job on August 18th. We put our house on the market a week later, and a week after that it was sold. We had spent a lot of time praying and fasting that whatever was best for our family would happen! I should've known better! We weren't exactly prepared for this type of thing. The ideal situation would've involved Tyler having a better job lined up already, but I know that Heavenly Father knows what's best for us, and we are just trying to stay faithful. That's the best we can do, right?
Although things in Cheyenne didn't end up like we had hoped, we gained things far better than money. Moving away and being our own family was the best thing that has happened to us so far. Temporally, I guess you could say we struggled, but we thrived in every other way possible. Tyler and I grew closer and became better friends in those two years than I would've thought possible. We figured out how we want our family to operate, and that first and foremost, we are a family and we do what's best for us and our kids independent of anyone or anything else.
There are two things we left in Cheyenne that will surely be missed. First, our house...

We will also miss our ward. These awesome guys came to help us move. We also had sisters organize and help watch our kids on moving day, so they wouldn't get ignored or run over! What a blessing. I don't know what we would have done without the help.
We will also miss all the friends we made at church and at work (you know who you are)! Bradlee misses her friends, too. We also left friends and family in Denver. It used to be just a short drive to see them, and now it will definitely be a lot harder to get together...I guess I'll just try not to think about it. I know being in Salt Lake is what's best for us. I can already see a huge difference in my kids being with Mom and family all day! They are remarkably happier and developing at a much quicker pace. Some days I feel like I am getting to know them all over again!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I didn't know you guys were back in Utah. That's so nice to be back by family. I can't believe you sold your house that fast! We want to put ours on the market, but houses around us have been for sale for months...and years!
I've been meaning to ask you what program you used to make your blog header? Do you know photoshop?

Tory's Tunes