Photobucket

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

24th of July Weekend

On Friday, the 23rd of July, we went up to Bountiful to see the Pioneer Day parade with Tyler's family. It started out super duper hot but it cooled down pretty fast, and we had a really good time. Apparently, they are still allowed to throw candy at parades in Bountiful. Who knew? Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures of the parade, so you will just have to imagine how awesome we looked and how awesome all the floats were.

The Phair family also came to town for the week, and we did a TON of stuff. Don't worry...I will be brief. I want to type this any more than you want to read it...besides pictures say 1,000 words, right?

Saturday morning bright and early, Molly and I ran the Deseret New 10K. Molly beat me by 3 seconds, and we both ran our best times. I finished in 51:55 which is 8:22 min/miles. Since then I have been able to increase my speed A LOT. That race really helped me break through. I am excited for my next half marathon on September 4th.



We also went hiking at Silver Lake.



We went to the Days of 47 Rodeo. Thanks Mom and Dad for the tickets!
Bradlee really grew fond of Aunt Molly this trip...not sure why...oh, that's right, Molly gives her everything she wants.
so....attractive.
That's right, he wore a cowboy hat, and so did Dad.
We went to the Salt Lake Temple grounds with my parents' singles ward. After we toured the grounds a church architect came and spoke to us about all the symbolism on the temple. It was very interesting and very educational.



We went up Mill Creek Canyon and had tin foil dinners. It was nice to get all the kids outdoors.
FYI, Brock was in time out in this picture. He runs away a lot.
Christa was not in time out.
YUM...s'mores.



He's bringin' sexy back.

We had competitions to see who could keep their hands and feet in the ice the longest. Craig won both competitions. However, in fairness to Kole, Craig cheated. Kole easily could've kept his foot in the longest, but Craig shoved him out!

We also did a lot of swimming, and well let's be honest, we ate a lot. Other than that, I am so behind on my posts, I can't even remember what happened. I know we had fun, and I am pretty sure I remembered all the main things.

No comments:

Tory's Tunes