Photobucket

Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Molly!


Today is, my sister, Molly's birthday. So, in honor of her turning 31, I thought I would share a few memories I have of her from the last 24 years of her life (I will always be seven years younger).


  • One time when she was home from college, I decided to finally defend myself against her, and I thought it would be a good idea to kick her off my parents' bed. She probably doesn't remember this, but she chased me around the house, shoved me into the front door, and slapped me across the face.

  • Then there was the time, when I was only about 14, that she told the cashier at Wal-Mart that I was pregnant.

  • I don't even know how many times she has mooned me.

  • Oh, how could I have almost forgotten about the man haircuts we got. I don't know why we ever thought it would be a good idea to cut all our hair off. FYI...Neither one of us looks good as a dude.

  • Here is a sad one...I remember when Craig left on his mission. Molly cried the whole way home from Medford. The next few days it was hard to get her to come out of her room.

  • The Janet Jackson concert. That was awesome. To this day, it is the best concert I have ever seen.

  • My all time favorite Molly memory is when we were getting ready to work out one morning, and she came out wearing just a sports bra on backwards. Why doesn't everyone just take a moment to visualize just how exactly that would work... Not something I could forget even if I tried.

Happy Birthday Molly. I love you.

4 comments:

k.young said...

That was a cute post! Funny memories.

Molly said...

Thanks for the tribute sis! The thoughtfulness of it made me cry, even though you pretty much just made me look like an idiot! And remember, you might always be seven years younger, but I will always be able to take you down!
Love you too sister! Molly

tenacious d said...

You guys are slap crazy, and I love you for it.

Dani said...

TORSTER! There you are! I have been trying to find you for years! :) I am glad that you found my blog. Your little family is so dang cute. I love them already!

You may have heard that we are kind of going to be very distantly related (not really, but I like to think so). My sister is marrying Nic Phair! Crazy, huh?!

Well, happy birthday to Molly. I can totally see you two doing all of those things. It made me laugh.

Tory's Tunes