Photobucket

Saturday, November 22, 2008

One of Those Moments

Today as I was laying on my bed watching a movie with Bradlee, I had one of those moments of realization. One of those moments when something you have always known in the back of your mind actually becomes an integral part of your conscious understanding. I really don't know how else to explain it, but everyone has these, so I know you know what I am talking about. Anyways, we were just laying there and as I looked at her, it just hit me in an instant that she is mine, that we are SO much alike, and that we will ALWAYS have that special relationship that only a parent and child can have. The type of bond where everything that hurts her will hurt me twice as bad, and her safety and happiness is essential to my own. Just as these thoughts were materializing all at once, Bradlee looked over at me, crinkled up her nose and laughed. Then just as quickly she was back to watching her movie. It was a testimony builder for me that Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need, exactly when we need it.

5 comments:

Lezlie said...

Oh, yeah, Those times are what it's all about. Heavenly Father has got a handle on it all and gives us just what we need. Love you, honey.

Rowdy said...

you're a good mom.

k.young said...

What a sweet post. Who knew you had it in you?! Just kidding. :)

tenacious d said...

What a neat testimony-building experience. The best ones are like that--they just pop up in quiet moments.

That is an adorable picture of Bradlee.

DeeDee and Jason Paul said...

i just love you to death! she is such a little tory! and p.s stop freaking making you blog header so dang cute!

Tory's Tunes