Photobucket

Monday, November 24, 2008

Our Crazy Weekend

Friday night was the elders quorum party. I was super stressed out about the whole thing because Tyler told me that the entire dinner and everything to make gingerbread houses was being provided. Well, since Tyler works all day, who do you think had to make the dinner and get everything ready for the gingerbread houses? I did! Well, it didn't end up being that big of a deal. For dinner we just had ham, green beans, salad and rolls (that was the easiest thing I could think of), and then I ended up just buying a bunch of gingerbread house kits (because it was much easier and almost the same price). Then all I had to do was mix the frosting while everyone was eating. I think everything turned out pretty good. A few people told Tyler that they had a really good time. SUCCESS!!
Saturday was the BYU vs. Utah game. We went to watch it at the Wacaser's house. Tyler had on all his Utah stuff, and Bradlee and I had on our BYU gear. Bradlee and I were the only BYU fans there, but we can hold our own. No matter who wins, I come out on top. If BYU wins, I win. If Utah wins, then Tyler is in a good mood for the next month and a half. Some "people" say they are going to send Bradlee a Utah shirt, well, at the end of the day I am still the mom, and I am the one who dresses her!
* * *
Sunday, Tyler and I both had to teach lessons, but most importantly....the nursery kids sang in sacrament meeting! Oh my goodness, it was so cute! They sang "A Song of Thanks" out of the Children's Songbook. Bradlee didn't sing (she was too busy looking at us), but she was very well behaved, and she looked adorable up there.
Yes, this is the best picture I could get of her!

9 comments:

Rowdy said...

utah won! cue simpsons kid laugh, "ha hah"

k.young said...

I am glad your activity turned out so well.
What a fun weekend.
Thanks for posting about our visit.

Julie said...

Where'd you get Bradlee's dress? It's so cute!

Wendy said...

Cute, cute kids. Awesome wife for doing the party, and awesome game. Those "people" want you to know that they have faith in their son's ability to dress his kids . . .

Lezlie said...

good job, baby.

Dani said...

Bradlee's hair is so stinkin' cute! Way to pull off the party too.

Molly said...

You've had so many posts since I looked last. That should tell you how crazy things have been. But oh my gosh, Bradlee is adoreable. Her hair is so cute and that dress!!!! Also, I love your blog design. Your going to have to do mine! Sounds like you guys are doing great and your a great mom! Love you!

tenacious d said...

I'm really impressed that you got that dinner together and didn't end up serving Roast Tyler on a Spit (which is what I would've done).

Rowdy is developing an attachment to the Utes. It's going to be a battle royale at our house when we move to Utah!

And lastly, Bradlee looks so cute and like a little girl (not a toddler anymore) in that dress. Her hair is doing that same cute, big curly thing that yours does.

Megan and Cory said...

I can't wait till Christmas! We're LONG overdue for some quality time with you guys. 4 months is long enough :)Bring it on!!

Tory's Tunes