Photobucket

Monday, May 24, 2010

Brock's Birthday Party

Brock's birthday was AWESOME! He woke up pretty sick that morning, so I was kinda worried. Luckily, he slept all morning! I woke him up around 2 and pumped him full of Motrin. Then Tyler and Poppa took him out for lunch to get some nuggets, french fries and Coke! I know it's gross, but those are three of his very favorite things!
While they were gone, I decorated the house, blew up balloons and got everything ready. Also, His Grandma and Grandpa McLachlan, Lisa, Megan and Cory all arrived while he was still gone. It worked out really well, and turned into more of a surprise party which was really fun! Collin was able to make it to the party also, but had to come a little late because of work. The picture below shows him walking in from the garage before he saw any of the decorations!

He was SO SURPRISED! He held his hand over his mouth for probably ten seconds while he took it all in. I think it was a combination of all the decorations, balloons and having everyone he loves all in the same spot! This picture says it all...



His party was a Mickey Mouse theme. I gave him a choice of two different types of party plates, and he picked Mickey!

He wore his Mickey ears the WHOLE time, and threw an absolute fit every time they fell off!


We opened presents first. He loved all his presents...especially these shoes and all the cars and movies! He wasn't as excited about the clothes as I was.




He was not a very efficient present opener, so Bradlee finally had to take charge.


I have no doubts that Brock will grow up to be a gentleman, so this T-shirt is really for his safety! Besides...he's a mama's boy!

Here's the birthday boy eating his cake and ice cream. This is actually the first time I have ever let him eat with a fork on his own. He did amazingly well! It appears that he even got some of that yummy goodness in his mouth!


If you ask me it was a very successful party! Thanks again to everyone who came to celebrate this special day with us. Brock had a blast!

3 comments:

tenacious d said...

That looks like a fantastic party! I love the pic with his hand over his mouth. How cute is that? VERY cute!

Lisa McLachlan said...

Great party & cute pics. Thanks for letting us be a part of it. :)
I hope you're feeling better.

Lindsey said...

I'm glad he felt better for his big party! He is such a little stud - the T-shirt is appropriate!

Tory's Tunes