Photobucket

Monday, September 8, 2008

Celebrity Endorsements of Political Candidates


Last I checked, celebrities are not the most educated of individuals (unless an extensive knowledge of hard drugs and alcohol magically gives you that distinction), and they definitely don't know what it is like to raise a family on an average American salary. So, who are they to tell me who to vote for?

Don't get me wrong, I have just as many Kanye West songs downloaded as the next guy (edited, of course), but does wearing pink shirts and excessive use of the F word really make someone a suitable political endorsement? I think not.

If anything having the majority of celebrity endorsements is a sure reason not to vote for a particular candidate. The last thing we need is for Washington to be more like Hollywood.

12 comments:

k.young said...

Who knew you were political...

Julie said...

Word! I've actually been wanting to make a NObama comment on my blog lately too. After watching some of the horrible VMA last night I think it's necessary.

Molly said...

WOOHOO! Go Tory! I totally agree. Where did you get that sign. I want one. Love you!

Tory said...

There are tons of good ones at
http://fredstates.com/index.html

tenacious d said...

that.is.awesome! You are right on the button, Tor.

Warrior Princesa said...

totally 100% agreed!!!!!

Lezlie said...

Go Tory...proud of you

Rohatinsky Family said...

Haha. I couldn't agree more. That is one of Josh's biggest pet peeves- celebrities who think they know it all re: politics.

k.young said...

Tory, when are you gonna come see me?

Hannah said...

Your so so right!

Julie said...

Do you ever look at Kara Becerra's blog? YOu should see her most recent post. It's got me all fired up!

Tory said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Tory's Tunes