Photobucket

Friday, September 26, 2008

Speech Therapy for Bradlee

So, as most of you know, Bradlee has no desire to speak. I have been doing my best, but it hasn't been working. I took her in to have her development evaluated, and sure enough, she is 1.34 months delayed in her speech (I actually thought she was farther behind than that). Anyway, I went in today to talk to the speech therapist to set up some goals and what not. The therapist will come to our house every Tuesday to work with her for half an hour, and then she will attend a playgroup with her peers on Fridays. I hope it helps!

4 comments:

Rowdy said...

Just teach her sign language. JK.

Hannah said...

I'm sure it'll help!

tenacious d said...

1.34 months sure doesn't sound like a lot, but it's 1/25th (or so) of her age. She'll figure it out, but it's good to be able to get some help.

k.young said...

Wow. I had no idea. I am glad that you are getting help if she needs it. And it sounds like it will be good for her with the whole playgroup thing.
I assume you guys got Keelia's invitation. You don't have to come. But I was sending invites and I wanted to send you one too. But celebrate your anniversary if you can. I just wanted to send you an invitation either way!

Tory's Tunes