Photobucket

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New York City

Tyler went with his parents and Collin to New York City over Labor Day weekend. Tyler is a HUGE Yankees fan, and as you may or may not know, "The House that Ruth Built" will be torn down after this season. They are building a new stadium right across the street. Anyhow, the first thing on Tyler's bucket list was to visit Yankee Stadium, and as we are nearing the end of the stadium's last season, he had to go! His family was kind and supportive enough to make the trip with him. From what I hear, they had a ton of fun!!! CAUTION: Lots and lots of pictures... Time Square
Statue of Liberty

Manhattan Temple


Now...here is the whole reason for the trip! They all went to see a game at Yankee Stadium.


Derek Jeter


Biggest fans ever!


Here is the new stadium, located just across the street.


Here you can see both stadiums side by side.


On Monday morning Tyler and Collin went back to the stadium to take a tour. Here is the view from the press box.


Here's Tyler catching a fly ball in the outfield.


Tyler in the dugout.




Tyler's up on deck!


9 comments:

k.young said...

That is awesome. I had no idea he was going this weekend. So that is why your parents came to Wyoming. How fun!

Jennifer said...

How fun!! Great pictures too! I bet it's nice to have Tyler home again. :)
I'd like to go check out New York sometime too!

Lindsey Jensen said...

That is awesome! I want to go to New York so bad! Hopefully we will get to do that soon!

tenacious d said...

I'm glad he had a good time! The stadium tour looks like it was Ty's dream come true.

Rowdy is not totally excited to be visiting NYC in a couple of weeks. I hope that it doesn't seem as bad as he thinks it's going to be.

I used to live in that apartment building right next to the temple.

Rowdy said...

Going to one of your dream places is sooooo cool! I'm sure you had perma-grin!!

Congrats!

Lezlie said...

Tyler, you are so lucky! Great pictures.

Aly said...

That is so fun he got to go. My husband and all of the boys in my family are heading up there next week to watch a game before it goes. Boys are so funny.

Molly said...

How completely awesome! I am so glad that Tyler got to go! Yaahoo! Love the pictures. What's next on the bucket list?

Tory said...

Next he wants to go see the northern lights in Alaska.

Tory's Tunes